I saw a question on the Google Product Forum of Tilt Brush about adding a 360 degrees photo (from a Rico Theta S, LG 360, Samsung Gear 360 or Google Photo Sphere) as an environment.
I totally expect Google to add this feature in the future, but I have made workaround for now in the form of a simple 3D sphere with a texture you can replace with your own photo.
- Resize your 360-degrees Photo to a power of two width — 4096 x 2048 pixels gives good results.
- Save it as tiltbrush-360.jpg, overwriting the existing image file (placeholder photo © Mark Doliner)
- Copy the “360 Photo” folder to Tilt Brush / Media Library / Models
- Open Tilt Brush
- Set your Environment to Black (unless you like to have a black floor plane)
- Go to the icon with the 3 dots on the palette and then Media Library, load the model
- Click it again to import it into your scene (it’s black on the outside)
- Use the Grip Buttons on the Vive controllers to scale the sphere around you, until it feels right. You should see the texture now!
— Nick Lievendag (@NickLievendag) October 14, 2016
If you want to be the first to know when similar posts are live, please follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. And if your think this article can be useful for your friends and followers I’ll appreciate it if you share it by clicking one of the social sharing buttons below!